Using the SmartForm:
Start by clicking on your Newsletter from the Account Dashboard. On the next page, click the “I Want To” button in the upper right area of the page.
Select “Subscription forms and links” from the drop down menu. On the next page you can either select your existing SmartForm (if you have have already sent one up.) or you can click the green “New SmartForm” button to get started.
After making your selection, ensure you are on the “Content” tab, then drag and place the “Hidden Field” tile from the list near the bottom of the page.
Make sure to add a name for the tag e.g. “Recipes” for a recipe category. Then add the number 1 as the value below the name. Next, click the gray “Save” button, then click the “Code” tab, then copy and paste the code in the box below into a page or HTML/text widget on your site.
You can also accomplish this by using the Classic Form:
- Select the orange “Classic Form” button located below the SmartForm button.
- Click the blue hyperlink that says “Click here to manage your custom fields”.
- Click “Configure custom fields and subscriber data capture”.
- Click the gray “Add Custom Field” button.
- Enter the name of the tag e.g. "Recipes" for a recipe category.
- Make it a text field, default empty, NOT required, hidden should be CHECKED.
- Save the custom field.
Now, go to the form code you're using. You're going to insert a new HTML tag before the </form> tag as follows:
<input type="hidden" name="Recipes" value="1">
When you do this, replace the text "Recipes" with the name of the custom field you created in step (4) above. Replace the value with something other than "1" if you want to associate more meaningful data with the field.
When a subscriber joins your list using this form, they will automatically have the value you specify (in this example, "1") with the custom field or tag you define (in this case, "Recipes").
FYI field names are case insensitive at FeedBlitz.