RSS stands for Real Simple Syndication Feed (or Rich Site Summary) and is a file of updated content from a website or blog. Your RSS feed is listed in reverse chronological order and allows readers to easily subscribe to a website to receive updates.
To take advantage of FeedBlitz's robust feed metrics and create your own branded FeedBlitz RSS feed for your account, follow the steps below and you'll be up and running in no time.
1. Start from the Left-hand menu and select Feeds > New Feed.
2. Tell us where to go to find your RSS feed information by entering the URL of your website. We'll search your site and pull the source RSS feed information for you. If you happen to know your source RSS feed for your site already, you can go ahead and enter here as well.
3. On the next screen you'll be asked to name your RSS feed and if you'd like to create a mailing list attached to the feed.
4. For this post, we're going to proceed as though we already have a mailing list in place and say No to creating a new mailing list.
You can come back and create a new Automated Mailing List or Automated Mailing Campaign for this feed at any time if you select No here.
5. And congratulations! You've created your FeedBlitz RSS feed.
If you're using Wordpress, login to your site and add the FeedBlitz FeedSmart plugin. This will tell your site to redirect the source feed to your newly created FeedBlitz RSS feed.
After this, if you'd like to test to ensure everything is connected and redirected properly — and we always recommend testing everything — select the Integration tab on your RSS feed's dashboard and we'll walk you through how to check everything.
And that's it! You're all set. As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. You can find all of our great support resources and how to get in touch with us via email, chat or phone on our Support Page.