The ability to earn revenue with every email sent has always been at your fingertips with FeedBlitz’s unique one-click ad-insertion program. It’s one of the quickest and easiest ways to monetize your mailings, and one of the most utilized by FeedBlitz clients.
Expanding on this popular monetization program, FeedBlitz offers a banner ad rewards plan: a sliding ad rev share, effective for January 2023’s earnings, going forward.
The performance incentive and loyalty bonus only apply to the banner ad program.
The new banner ad rewards plan consists of three elements:
- Base earnings
- Tiered performance incentives
- Loyalty bonus
1. Base Earnings
Think of your base earnings as your take-home, net earnings from the ad program. These are the numbers you will see in your FeedBlitz account under Monthly Earnings.
The standard revenue share of banner ads is currently set at a 75/25 split, with 75% of earnings to clients (this is your base earnings) and 25% to FeedBlitz. This rev share will stand as the foundation for the remaining two elements of this plan, the tiered performance incentive and loyalty bonus.
Want to know what your base earnings are? Navigate to the Monetization > Monthly Earnings section in your FeedBlitz account. The numbers shown are your base earnings.
2. Tiered Performance Incentives
If you qualify for a tiered performance incentive, you can boost your ad rev share up to 85%.
The rev share will change based on month-end base earnings, as follows:
|Monthly Base Earnings (in $000)|
- If you earn $4,000/month in advertising revenue from banner ads, your rev share will remain at a 75/25 split.
- If you earn $30,000/month in advertising revenue from banner ads, your rev share percentage will increase to 77.5%.
- If you earn $62,000/month in advertising revenue from banner ads, your rev share jumps to 80%.
3. Loyalty Bonus
The new loyalty bonus for banner ads can increase your revenue share by up to an additional 5%, regardless of your ad performance.
This will rise by 1% annually after the first year, up to a maximum of 5%, based on continuous months of plan participation.
If you’ve been using banner ads in your email campaigns for quite some time, you may already qualify for this bonus!
- If you’ve been using the banner ad program for 26 months, and your base earnings for a month were $4,298, your pay jumps to $4,412.61 after the 2% loyalty bonus is applied.
- If your base earnings for a month were $54.27, and you’ve been working with the banner ad program for 7 consecutive years, the full 5% loyalty bonus will be applied, increasing your pay to $57.80.
Can the two bonuses be combined?
Yes! Here are two examples:
A mid-sized earning banner ad client:
Your base earnings for a month were $34,689, and you’ve been using the banner ad program for four years. The plan’s impact will be:
- The performance bonus moves you to a 77.5% rev share tier.
- The loyalty bonus will offer an additional 4% rev share.
Your banner ad rev share goes from 75% to 81.5%, increasing your net earnings to $37,695.
And another example of a higher-earning banner ad client:
Your base earnings for a month were $82,413, and you’ve been using the banner ad program for two and a half years. The plan’s impact will be:
- The performance bonus moves you to an 82.5% rev share tier.
- The loyalty bonus will offer an additional 2% rev share.
Your banner ad rev share goes from 75% to 84.5%, increasing your net earnings to $92,852.
How do I get started?
There's nothing you need to do - this plan is active and applies to banner ad monthly earnings starting in January 2023 and will be reflected in March 2023 payments.
If you’re not currently running banner ads in your emails but would like to explore this option, check out this knowledge base post for how and where to adjust your advertising settings. Switch things on or change your ad sizes today, and you’ll be on your way to earning your first loyalty bonus.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. You can find all of our great support resources and how to get in touch with us via email, chat or phone on our Support Page.