As with other lists, you may import subscribers using Subscribers > Import on the funnel's dashboard.
Funnels have unique features that are important to keep in mind when planning your subscribers' journeys.
If your funnel has an immediate step used to welcome your subscribers, it is important to note that entries with no delay are not sent to imports. Entries must have a delay of at least one hour to be sent to an import. If you wish to ensure your imported subscribers receive the welcome message, you must take several steps to ensure no subscribers receive two welcome emails and that your subscribers who sign up using forms still receive their immediate email.
You will use tagging and conditional sends to accomplish your goal.
1. Start your funnel's dashboard and click Edit Articles and Sequencing.
2. Clone your Welcome entry and leave it in the draft state, indicated by the orange color.
3. Use the dropdown arrow to the right of Send Mail and select Add a Tag or Custom Field.
4. In the new modal window that appears click Add New Tag / Custom Field Action.
5. You will likely need to create a new custom field for this. Choose Create Custom Field and pick a name for your custom field that makes sense for this purpose. It is case-sensitive. For this demonstration, we are using welcome and the value the funnel will tag people with is welcome. It just means that the subscriber has been sent the welcome email. We are not using the When option as this is meant to add the custom field to every subscriber who joins the funnel via a form. Click Save.
Now we will edit the cloned entry to only send to people without the custom field welcome and set it to send on a one-hour delay. This is the welcome email for Imported subscribers.
6. Set the delay of your second entry to one hour. 00:01
7. Click the pencil to the right of the title of the email in your second entry.
7. Look for When at the bottom of the modal window that appears and click: New Condition.
8. Select Tag/Custom Field and click OK
9. Choose the custom field you created for the first entry and enter the value created for the first entry. They must match. Click Save Changes
10. Set your second entry live and check your work. You should see:
- A green one hour delay
- Depends on conditions to the right of the subject of the email
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. You can find all of our great support resources and how to get in touch with us via email, chat or phone on our Support Page.